- 2 oz Infused Rye Whisky with organic stone ground mexican Taza chocolate
- 3/4 oz Galliano
- 1/4 oz gomme syrup
- 4 dashes Bitter Truth Xocolatl Mole Bitters
- Garnish with an orange peel
Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker except garnish. Shake with ice. Strain into a old fashioned glass fill with ice. Garnish with an orange peel.
Chocolate Infused Rye
- 1 cup of shaved sweetened Organic Stone Ground Mexican Taza Chocolate
- 1 bottle of Rittenhouse Rye Whisky 750 ml
Infuse over night. Strain through a sieve and cheesecloth.
I use Taza chocolate because of its unique process. Taza chocolate is stone ground and minimally processed. They use authentic Oaxacan stone mills instead of steel refiners to grind their cacao. Due to the imperfect surface of a granite millstone, unrefined cacao particles and sugar granules remain in the finished chocolate. These pop with explosive flavor on the palate, lending the chocolate their distinctive granular texture.