This cocktail is named after one of my favorite Howlin’ Wolf songs Hidden Charms. It’s the Nux Walnut Liqueur, however, that’s the hidden charm in this recipe. It’s hard not to fall in love with the combination of walnut and whisky. I usually enjoy this smokey little treasure during the colder months, but don’t let that stop you from sipping one when summer comes back around.
- 1 3/4 oz blended scotch whisky
- 1/2 oz Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
- 1/2 oz Aperol
- 1/4 oz Nux Walnut Liqueur
- 1/4 oz of Laphroaig 10 yr
- 2 dashes of Amargo Chuncho Bitters
- Garnish with a lemon twist
Add all ingredients in a mixing glass except the lemon twist. Stir with ice. Strain into a rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist.