- 2 oz Buffalo Trace bourbon
- 3/4 oz Clear Creek Pear Brandy
- 1/2 oz fall simple syrup
- 1 bar spoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes Post Prohibition orange bitters
- 1 pear slice
Shake all ingredients except pear slice with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with a pear slice.
You can try this cocktail at our October (Oct. 15th 2010) Libation Lounge event at the Gin Mill (Baltimore City).
Fall simple syrup recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of turbinado sugar
- 2 nutmegs
- 1/4 cup of cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup allspice berries
- tsp whole black peppercorns
- tsp vanilla extract
- 2 twists of orange peel
Combine all ingredients except vanilla extract in a saucepan. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Strain into a glass bottle. Add vanilla and a shot of vodka. Keep in the refrigerator for approximately 3 weeks.
Recipe by Josh Sullivan and Paul Palombo