Yes, this cocktail is named after Luis Fonsi’s song Despacito. After the staff at Wet City had been asked to play the song for the millionth time they decided to name a drink after the request. Yeah, it’s an inside joke, but it’s a great name for a great drink too.
- 1 1/2 oz apple & ginger infused vodka
- 1/2 oz Lunazul reposado tequila
- 1/2 oz lime
- 1/4 oz ginger syrup
- top with 2 oz Fever Tree Citrus
- garnish with edible flowers or lime wedge
Add all ingredients except the Fever Tree Citrus and garnish to a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a collins glass with ice. Garnish and serve.
How to make the apple & ginger infused vodka:
Add the following to a jar you can seal:
- peels from 5 apples
- 4 heaping table spoons of ginger puree
- 1 liter vodka
Let sit for two weeks.