Justice For All is a cocktail I was commissioned to create and serve for a Baltimore/DC advertising firm’s client party. This recipe is a twist on the classic Sidecar. I ramped up the flavor profile and added my own personal touch with a homemade honey syrup that features notes of chamomile, clove and black peppercorn. To balance the additional sweetness I also included a bittering-agent in Montenegro Amaro.
Side Note: Washington D.C.‘s motto is “Justice For All”, so it seemed like a perfect name for this cocktail.
- 1 1/2 oz Brandy or Cognac
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Combier L’Orange
- 1/2 oz Montenegro Amaro
- 1/2 oz honey syrup with chamomile, clove & black peppercorn
- Dash of Post Prohibition Pick Me Up Bitters
- Dash of Angostura Bitters on top for garnish
- Garnish with an orange and lemon twist
- Garnish with a chamomile flower (optional)
Add all ingredients into a shaker tin except the Angostura Bitters, and the orange and lemon twist garnishes. Shake with ice and strain into an ice filled collins glass. Add a couple dashes of Angostura Bitters on top. Also garnish with an orange and lemon twist.