It never hurts to think ahead. Warmer months are just around the corner. If you’re anything like me you’ve probably had your fair share of bourbon. Not that bourbon will ever be replaced, but it’s about time to start thinking rum drinks. This red bell pepper infused rum is quite possibly the easiest and one of the most rewarding infusions you can make. It’ll only take 24 hours to infuse and the result is a culinary epiphany that’ll have your guests pleasantly surprised.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 liter golden rum (I use Flor de Cana)
- Remove the stems, seeds and ribs from the pepper.
- Slice the pepper into long, thin slices.
- Place the pepper slices into a large, air tight container and pour in the rum.
- Seal and store in a cool, dark spot for 24 hours.
- Strain the infused rum into a sterilized bottle.